geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject JNDI lookup problem in Jetty portlet
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2007 16:03:25 GMT
Hi All,

I am having trouble looking up a DataSource from an EAR containing a
WAR (which is where the lookup takes place) using JNDI. I find it to
be really weird, because I can look up the DataSource fine if I do it
through a JSP page or a servlet. However, when I try to look it up in
portlet code, the jndi name does not seem to be visible, although it
is visible in the JNDI viewer. Additionally, I have successfully
looked it up through jsp and servlets.

This is only a problem in Jetty, because the same code works fine for Tomcat.

Is this possibly a Geronimo/XBean bug in how we bind JNDI names? I am
not familiar with the jndi binding process, so any expertise in that
area or the portlet area will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Viet