geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Viet Nguyen" <vhng...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS/FEEDBACK] Usability improvements to Geronimo
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 15:58:00 GMT
For point #2 I think the Monitoring portlet should be one click away
from the main console page because I believe it is something an admin
would want to use quite frequently. On the other hand I agree that
tools such as "Plan Creator" should be put into it's own category and
perhaps require two or more clicks from the navigation panel. This
will make navigating through our console easier.

p.s. I am not really familiar with how the pluggable console works in
terms of dynamically updating the side navigation links, but if
portlets such as "Plan Creation" are being deployed and we intend for
them to not be on the main navigation bar but under one of those
links, I am not sure how it will handle this. Maybe the pluggable
console can be extended to support expanding navigation buttons. This
fix the problem.