geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to shut donwn one of the instances on Gronimo while they were started by Multiple server command cmd line
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 22:17:05 GMT

On Nov 29, 2007, at 1:49 PM, abpb2006 wrote:

> oh i see. thanks.
>
> Where and how do we change the default credentials for every user
> instance?

In trunk and perhaps 2.0.2 the default security config is configured
in the server-security-config module.  It's set up to use the
properties file login module.  In trunk this is set up as a plugin
and the default properties files are included in the plugin.  For
serious usage I'd recommend coming up with your own real-server-
security-config module using kerberos/ldap/sql/whatever and replacing
the default one with it using artifact_aliases.properties.

If you want to keep using the toy properties file login module but
just change the credentials you can edit var/security/
users.properties and var/security/groups.properties.  The admin group
gets remote deploy/lifecycle access.

hope this helps
david jencks

> Jacek Laskowski wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 29, 2007 9:27 AM, abpb2006 <abpb2006@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> What impact its gonna have evn if we use the same default user
>>> name and
>>> pwd
>>> i.e. SYSTEM and MANAGER for all the instances.....can one user
>>> instance