geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can I call userTransaction.begin in on sessionbean method, and call userTransaction.commit in another sessionbean method?
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 01:18:46 GMT

On Nov 8, 2007, at 4:04 PM, hu bo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In Bean managed transaction, can I call userTransaction.begin in on
> sessionbean method, and call userTransaction.commit in another
> sessionbean method?
Yes, if it is a Stateful Session bean and you are using the same
instance for both calls.
> Is there any difference between stateful and stateless session bean
> about this?
Yes, it only works with  stateful session beans and you have to be
careful to use the same instance for all calls in the transaction.
With stateless session beans a transaction you start in a method must
be completed before the method returns.  With stateless session beans
there is no concept of "same instance" between calls.

david jencks