geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Disabling system modules with child components
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:38:18 GMT

On Nov 28, 2007, at 3:07 PM, jbeaulau wrote:

> no.  For the jetty to clustering dependency I think we could use a
> <import>classes</import> dependency in jetty so the clustering
> classes would be available but the gbeans wouldn't need to be
> started.  I'm not sure why the dependency from console to corba is
> there but if its really necessary we might be able to do something
> similar there.  Would you be interested in experimenting in trunk for
> the 2.1 release?  I could give some hints on what to try if necessary.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>

> Any hints would be greatly appreciated
>
> I'm currently poking around the config.xml file.

You'll need to modify some of the configs dependencies.  I've
attached a patch for plugins/jetty/jetty6/pom.xml that should help
with the clustering module.  I still haven't had time to investigate
the corba dependency.... I would start by finding out what happens if
you remove the console to corba dependency.

Sending it directly in case the mailing list strips attachments.

thanks
david jencks