geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Disabling system modules with child components
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:09:35 GMT

On Nov 20, 2007, at 11:37 AM, jbeaulau wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Our Java developer wants to disable all non necessary system
> modules to
> streamline the instance start process.
>
> 2 of the modules that we don't need have child component dependencies
>
> Parent
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/clustering/2.0.1/car
> child
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/jetty6/2.0.1/car
> Parent
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/j2ee-corba-yoko/2.0.1/car
> Child
> org.apache.geronimo.configs/webconsole-jetty6/2.0.1/car
>
> My question, is there a procedure to disable both parent modules
> with out
> disabling the two children components?

no.  For the jetty to clustering dependency I think we could use a
<import>classes</import> dependency in jetty so the clustering
classes would be available but the gbeans wouldn't need to be
started.  I'm not sure why the dependency from console to corba is
there but if its really necessary we might be able to do something
similar there.  Would you be interested in experimenting in trunk for
the 2.1 release?  I could give some hints on what to try if necessary.

thanks
david jencks