geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException while using the gloabl JNDI Context
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:50:51 GMT

On Nov 26, 2007, at 12:17 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007 6:35 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> 1.  create a configuration with (only) that common jar as a
>> dependency, and have a dependency on this configuration in both
>> web apps
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> (This is my second question for you so consider today as a question
> day ;-))
>
> Am I correct that you suggested to install-file the dependency to
> Geronimo's repo and declare it as a dependency in these webapps?

Not exactly.  I interpreted the original message is indicating this
is what was already tried and didn't work.  Instead I was suggesting
creating a new 3rd configuration that only has dependencies to create
a classloader with the needed jar that can be used as a parent
classloader for both of the web apps.  Of course I may have
misinterpreted both the original post and your question :-)

thanks
david jencks