geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS/FEEDBACK] Usability improvements to Geronimo
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2007 18:08:01 GMT
I am not able to recreate this problem in Geronimo 1.1.1 or Geronimo
2.0.2.   Can you provide some more details about your application or
attach a sample to a JIRA?

My test listener looks like:

package test;
import javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent;
import javax.servlet.ServletContextListener;

public class MyListener implements ServletContextListener {
     public void contextDestroyed(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
         System.out.println("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Context
destroyed " + arg0);
     }
     public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent arg0) {
         System.out.println("!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Context
initialized " + arg0);
     }
}

and my web.xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/
ns/j2ee" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://
java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd">
	<display-name>
	atest</display-name>
         <listener>
         <listener-class>test.MyListener</listener-class>
     </listener>
</web-app>

When I shut down the server via "bin/geronimo.sh stop"  or CTRL-C I see:

Server shutdown begun
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Context destroyed
javax.servlet.ServletContextEvent
[source=org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContextFacade@3d176a]
Server shutdown completed

Best wishes,