geronimo-user mailing list archives

From zhangguop...@gmail.com
Subject IIOP Marshalling depends on JDK implementation?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:15:52 GMT
Hi,

I want to ask a question about IIOP Marshalling?
In java to idl specification, it says if an object implements
writeObject method, it needs to be mapped to custom value type.
But I just found in IBM's JDK, java.util.Vector does not have
writeObject method, but in Sun's JDK, java.util.Vector has writeObject
method.
Because of this, Vector would be mapped different in IDL and hence it
would be marshalled differently. Is that right? We cannot make IIOP
calls if client and server are using different JDK?

Thanks,