geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: GBean classloader and dependencies
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 07:14:21 GMT

On Nov 1, 2007, at 5:06 PM, Anil Arora wrote:

> I have an issue now.  I added some libraries using the sharedlib
> gbean.
>
> However, one of my classes that is in one of these libraries has a
> dependency of the jasper-jdt compiler in tomcat.  I know that this
> is a module which I can reference, but I’m not sure how.
>
> Do I put a dependency tag in the gbean definition?   I tried this
> and this didn’t seem to work.

 From you previous post it looks like you added a dependency to the
shared lib configuration rather than adding a shared lib gbean to
your plan.  There's no way to affect the parent classloaders of the
shared lib configuration, so you won't be able to get the jasper
compiler into that classloader.

However if you add a shared llib gbean to your plan then you can get
the jasper stuff into your classloader by also adding a dependency on
the jasper config.  If you are really sure you will never need a jsp
in your app you can try using a dependency on the jasper jar but you
are more likely to avoid problems if you add a dependency on the
jasper configuration.

thanks
david jencks