geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Default datasource schema
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:27:11 GMT

On Nov 20, 2007, at 9:44 AM, JohnSimpson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to set a default database schema for a Geronimo
> datasource?
> If so, how?

You can only set the properties for the resource adapter.  For
several popular databases we include a database specific resource
adapter, but I'm not sure if any allow you to set the default
schema.  My understanding (which could be very wrong) is that for
many databases the default schema is the same as the user name.

Basically, if there's a specific database that tranql provides a
wrapper for that provides another way of setting the default schema
as a datasource property we can  easily add it to the tranql
wrapper.  What database are you using and how can one set the default
schema for it?

thanks
david jencks