geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Deployment error on Axis2 war
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 15:32:53 GMT

On Nov 18, 2007, at 2:51 AM, mahendra wrote:

> We are planning to use GERONIMO as APP SERVER for building a SOA
> reference
> application for your research work.
> In that regard, we plan to use AXIS2 web services and Active MQ with
> GERONIMO app server.

Are these jaxws web services? REST? axis2 proprietary web services?

> I have used AXIS2 with TOMCAT and all it requires is to drop
> axis2.war in
> deploy/ directory and then on can see -
> http://<localhost>:<port>/axis2/ page.
> Here if everything goes well..one can see -
> Services  - Atleast version service which comes as default
> Validate - Which check if all the system settings, jars, classpath
> etc are
> fine
> Administration - Provides admin console to upload .aar webservice
> file.
>
> I was trying to bring that page up to confirm that webservices
> setup is
> working well with GERONIMO.
> So thats why I tried deploying axis2-1.3.war file under deploy/axis2/
> directory.
>
> I read this as one of the steps also on -
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/os-ag-axis2mig/
> index.html

That article refers to using geronimo 1.0.  I certainly hope no one
is still using that release.  Both axis2 and geronimo have moved on.

> If GERONIMO comes by default with axis2 integration than am I not
> supposed
> to deploy AXIS2 web war file. Normally its deployed under WEB-INF/
> service/
> folder of axis2-web deployment. Which was what I was trying to do.
>
> What are the axis installation step, or there are none required. ?
> If none required, then how and where do I deploy my .aar file. ?

Geronimo supports jaxws web services.  If you use the geronimo-tomcat
distribution then axis2 is enabled by default.  If you use the
geronimo-jetty distribution then cxf is enabled by default.  to
switch, start geronimo with
-Dorg.apache.geronimo.jaxws.provider=axis2

If you are not using jaxws web services you may have to do some
additional experimentation.  If you need to deploy your own copy of
axis2 rather than use the one we supply I recommend that you
uninstall what we supply to avoid possible interference.  You can do
this from the admin console system modules page.  You would uninstall
the axis2 and axis2-deployer modules.  I am not an axis2 expert so I
probably won't be able to give any advice on this route unless you
explain what you need in geronimo-centric terms such as describing
what you need in classloaders or geronimo services.

> Thanks
> Mahendra
>
> P.S - I am currently using GERONIMO 2.0.2 with Java 6.

I think some people have reported problems using java6 with
geronimo.  I don't have java 6 available to me and haven't followed
the problems closely.

thanks
david jencks