geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Simmons" <matthewbsimm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Newbee -- unable to build the sample application
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 12:40:25 GMT
Viet,

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I've tried to run 'mvn install' with the other samples and I get the
same outcome.  I am posting the stack trace below.

Matt

C:\Geronimo\Samples\calculator\jaxws-calculator-war>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: null:jaxws-calculator:pom:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples for project:
nul
l:jaxws-calculator:pom:null for project null:jaxws-calculator:pom:null

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache
.geronimo.samples:samples for project: null:jaxws-calculator:pom:null for
projec
t null:jaxws-calculator:pom:null
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:378)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:290)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot find
parent
: org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples for project:
null:jaxws-calculator:pom:nul
l for project null:jaxws-calculator:pom:null
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1261)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1278)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal
(Def
aultMavenProjectBuilder.java:747)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFi
leInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:479)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.build
(DefaultMave
nProjectBuilder.java:200)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProject(DefaultMaven.java:553)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.collectProjects(DefaultMaven.java
:467)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.getProjects(DefaultMaven.java:364)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: POM '
org.apache.ge
ronimo.samples:samples' not found in repository: Unable to download the
artifact
 from any repository

  org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:pom:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
 for project org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:573)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(D
efaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1257)
        ... 18 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Unable
to download the artifact from any repository

  org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:pom:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:197)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:73)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepo
sitory(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:526)
        ... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.ResourceDoesNotExistException: Unable to
downl
oad the artifact from any repository
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact
(Def
aultWagonManager.java:324)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(De
faultArtifactResolver.java:185)
        ... 21 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Nov 01 07:02:01 EDT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/4M
[INFO]