geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ClassCastException while using the gloabl JNDI Context
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2007 21:11:44 GMT

On Nov 26, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2007 9:50 PM, David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Not exactly.  I interpreted the original message is indicating this
>> is what was already tried and didn't work.  Instead I was suggesting
>> creating a new 3rd configuration that only has dependencies to create
>> a classloader with the needed jar that can be used as a parent
>> classloader for both of the web apps.  Of course I may have
>> misinterpreted both the original post and your question :-)
>
> I was mistaken and when I had sent the email I realized I made the
> mistake. Sorry for confusion.
>
> As to the user's question, you're right - a parent configuration is
> the solution. Where could I find sample configuration I could borrow
> the idea from?

jee-specs?

I haven't been tracking what's in the console or eclipse plugin but
it seems to me that we could really use a wizard that helps you set
up the classloader for a module -- so you can specify the parent
configurations and jars that go in the classloader.  This could be
used for either setting up an app plan with additional classes or for
setting up a shared classloader such as is needed here.  Do we
already have something like this?

thanks
david jencks