geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Mark Aufdencamp <m...@aufdencamp.com>
Subject RE: A.L. CMR Question
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 19:11:06 GMT
passing&nbsp;the Entity&nbsp;reference to the Create/PostCreate rather than doing
a lookup inside the Create/PostCreate.&nbsp; This is what I had to resort too.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I believe looking up the Entity in the PostCreate starts a new database transaction,
there by flushing the Create SQL transaction.&nbsp; The INSERT then fails as a result
of the NULL Foreign Key that has not yet been identified.<BR><BR><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 8px; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid" webmail="1">--------
Original Message --------<BR>Subject: A.L. CMR Question<BR>From: Mark Aufdencamp
&lt;mark@aufdencamp.com&gt;<BR>Date: Wed, November 07, 2007 10:34 am<BR>To:
user@geronimo.apache.org<BR><BR>
<DIV>Hi A.L.,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>If you can give us some more info, we'll be more than willing to help.&nbsp;
I presume you have an Entity Bean that your trying to set a CMR with to another Entity Bean
and the underlying tables have NOT NULL constraints on the relationship fields?&nbsp;
Can you post the Entity Bean Code, Table Structure, and Deployment plan.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Sorry for the new post, but the apache list server dinged me with a to high spam
score?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Mark Aufdencamp</DIV>
<DIV><A onclick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=Mark%40Aufdencamp.com');;
return false;" href="mailto:Mark@Aufdencamp.com" target=_blank __onClick="Popup.composeWindow('pcompose.php?sendto=Mark%40Aufdencamp.com');;
return false;">Mark@Aufdencamp.com</A><BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></body></html>