geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: How to shut donwn one of the instances on Gronimo while they were started by Multiple server command cmd line
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:37:40 GMT
On Nov 29, 2007 9:27 AM, abpb2006 <abpb2006@yahoo.com> wrote:

> What impact its gonna have evn if we use the same default user name and pwd
> i.e. SYSTEM and MANAGER for all the instances.....can one user instance mess
> other users deployed application/settings etc ?

If you ask about Geronimos working together to rule the world, I'd say
it's not possible..today perhaps tomorrow ;-) Seriously, when someone
breaches one geronimo instance without knowing the admin credentials
(s)he cannot do much on another Geronimo instance - they're separate
entities and any outside connection is (supposed to be) authorized.
It's not recommended to leave the default system credentials active as
it's widely known to everybody who has worked with Geronimo or wants
to pass its security fence.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski