geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: 5-minute Tutorial on Enterprise Application Development with Eclipse and Geronimo (was Re: problems when deploy ejb in eclipse)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:09:19 GMT
On Nov 21, 2007 9:57 AM, beyondjusitn <beyondjustin@gmail.com> wrote:

> But I have another problem after following your tutorial. After the first
> time I created all the projects in your tutorial, if I close eclipse, then
> reopen eclipse, there will be an error in SampleWAR project. I find out that
> it is a problem of J2EE Module Dependency. So, again I right click on
> SampleWAR, choose' property', then 'J2EE Module Dependencies', I found that
> it is different from the first time I come here. If I choose SampleEJB, the
> error is fixed, however, I met deploy problems. I have no choice but to redo
> all the three projects to get them running. Why?

Hi,

I dunno. I'm a typical Eclipse user so although I run across the issue
too I didn't pay much attention to it. Just accepted that it could
work this way. Honestly, I'm not really interested in fixing Eclipse
bugs (as there're better things to do) so while annoying I can live
with it (I hope that one day you'll have a choice and try out netbeans
with geronimo plugin - it won't happen overnight, but I'm sure it
will). Please rise an issue for it in geronimo-eclipse-plugin jira so
it won't be overlooked.

> Another problem is that my Eclipse kept errepting, saying something like
> memory leaked. Is that because the Eclipse I'm using? I'm using Eclipse
> 3.3.1, Eclipse Data Tools Platform Enablement Version: 1.5.1.200709261 and
> Eclipse Modeling Framework (EMF) Source Version: 2.3.1.v200709252135.

It appears like Eclipse misbehaviour. Perhaps it could also mean that
the plugin needs more attention. I'd rise an issue in
geronimo-eclipse-plugin jira and wait for a fix.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl