geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <>
Subject Re: deployment file help
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 14:32:14 GMT
On Nov 19, 2007 3:14 PM, John Richard Moser <> wrote:
> I'm currently trying to deploy a Web application that wants to be
> uploaded as a .WAR to Tomcat or JRun.  For Tomcat it wants the
> following bolb as a configuration XML:
> <Context path="/foo" docBase="/foo/foo.war" unpackWARs="true"
> override="true">
>    <Parameter name="Properties" value="/foo/config" />
> </Context>

It's Geronimo 2, right? If so, the following plan will instruct
Geronimo to bind the webapp to /foo. Just include it in the webapp as
WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml file or deploy the webapp with the optional
deployment plan like ./bin/deploy deploy foo.war geronimo-web.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="">

What is the line - <Parameter name="Properties" value="/foo/config" />
doing? What is it for?

Jacek Laskowski

View raw message