geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Deployment error on Axis2 war
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:38:17 GMT
On Nov 18, 2007 8:51 AM, mahendra <mahendra.kutare@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have used AXIS2 with TOMCAT and all it requires is to drop axis2.war in
> deploy/ directory and then on can see -
> http://<localhost>:<port>/axis2/ page.

I don't see the url available in Geronimo so our integration of axis2
appears to be partial that suits most common needs. If I were to
deploy axis2 I'd create a geronimo plan and exclude axis2 classes
unless you're using Geronimo with cxf that I think doesn't use axis2
classes at all and no conflict should occur.

> Here if everything goes well..one can see -
> Services  - Atleast version service which comes as default
> Validate - Which check if all the system settings, jars, classpath etc are
> fine
> Administration - Provides admin console to upload .aar webservice file.

What are the aar archives? Axis2 archive? What's in it? I think I need
some education on how axis2 works ;-) A doc that explains it in detail
would be appreciated.

> I was trying to bring that page up to confirm that webservices setup is
> working well with GERONIMO.

They work fine. Just checked it out tomorrow deploying a very simple
javx-ws web service.

> What are the axis installation step, or there are none required. ?
> If none required, then how and where do I deploy my .aar file. ?

Good you asked about it. I know nothing about it, but meant to read
about it anyway. Perhaps some comments above might help you getting
started.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski