geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Deploying Hudson on Geronimo
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:34:16 GMT
On 11/7/07, gghazali <gghazali@deloitte.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all. I'm a newbie trying to deploy Hudson on Geronimo 2.02, but have no
> clue as to how to construct the geronimo-web.xml deployment plan. I was
> hoping someone on the forums has already done it, or at least can help me
> through constructing the file by pointing me in the right directions. I've
> checked out the documentation on writing geronimo-web.xml for Geronimo v1.1
> but frankly don't understand it at all.

Hi,

I've been trying to deploy hudson.war to Geronimo 2.0.2, but have not
been very successful. It blew up with the following error:

16:27:05,953 WARN  [BasicLifecycleMonitor] Exception occured while
notifying listener
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
hudson.util.XStream2.getMapper()Lcom/thoughtworks/xstream/mapper/Mapper;
        at hudson.util.XStream2.init(XStream2.java:46)
        at hudson.util.XStream2.<init>(XStream2.java:20)
        at hudson.model.Hudson.<clinit>(Hudson.java:1902)
        at hudson.WebAppMain.installLogger(WebAppMain.java:167)
        at hudson.WebAppMain.contextInitialized(WebAppMain.java:55)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:530)

Does it ring a bell for you? I took a quick glimpse at
hudson.util.XStream2 and noticed they used getMapper() method from
XStream, but didn't dig into it further. If you know the answer it'd
be simpler to figure out why it blows up.

The plan - hudson-geronimo-plan.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-2.0">
  <environment xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
    <moduleId>
      <groupId>hudson</groupId>
      <artifactId>hudson</artifactId>
      <version>1.153</version>
      <type>war</type>
    </moduleId>
    <dependencies>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.configs</groupId>
        <artifactId>j2ee-security</artifactId>
        <type>car</type>
      </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <inverse-classloading/>
  </environment>

  <context-root>/hudson</context-root>

  <security-realm-name>HudsonRealm</security-realm-name>
  <security>
    <default-principal realm-name="HudsonRealm">
      <principal name="anonymous"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
/>
    </default-principal>
    <role-mappings>
      <role role-name="admin">
        <realm realm-name="HudsonRealm">
          <principal name="AdminGroup"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoGroupPrincipal"
/>
        </realm>
        <principal name="system"
class="org.apache.geronimo.security.realm.providers.GeronimoUserPrincipal"
/>
      </role>
    </role-mappings>
  </security>

</web-app>

and the command line to (attempt to) deploy hudson.

./bin/deploy.sh -u system -p manager deploy hudson.war hudson-geronimo-plan.xml

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl