geronimo-user mailing list archives

From mahendra <mahendra.kut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deployment error on Axis2 war
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2007 07:51:51 GMT

We are planning to use GERONIMO as APP SERVER for building a SOA reference
application for your research work.
In that regard, we plan to use AXIS2 web services and Active MQ with
GERONIMO app server.

I have used AXIS2 with TOMCAT and all it requires is to drop axis2.war in
deploy/ directory and then on can see -
http://<localhost>:<port>/axis2/ page.
Here if everything goes well..one can see -
Services  - Atleast version service which comes as default
Validate - Which check if all the system settings, jars, classpath etc are
fine
Administration - Provides admin console to upload .aar webservice file.

I was trying to bring that page up to confirm that webservices setup is
working well with GERONIMO.
So thats why I tried deploying axis2-1.3.war file under deploy/axis2/
directory.

I read this as one of the steps also on -
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/os-ag-axis2mig/index.html

If GERONIMO comes by default with axis2 integration than am I not supposed
to deploy AXIS2 web war file. Normally its deployed under WEB-INF/service/
folder of axis2-web deployment. Which was what I was trying to do.

What are the axis installation step, or there are none required. ?
If none required, then how and where do I deploy my .aar file. ?

Thanks
Mahendra

P.S - I am currently using GERONIMO 2.0.2 with Java 6.