geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Simen Storsveen <simen.storsv...@oslo.frisurf.no>
Subject Trying to return List<MyBean> from web service method
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:27:49 GMT

Hello,

I believe I'm supposed to be able to return a java.util.List<MyBean> from a
web service method using JAX-WS 2.0 annotations, e.g.:

  @WebService
  public class MyService
    {
    public List<MyBean> getBeans() { ... }
    }

The generated WSDL looks ok to me, as does the client Java code generated
from this WSDL.
However, when I try to call the service I get the following exception:

  javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: java.util.List is not known to this context

(I am running v2.0.2 w/Tomcat. And yes, MyBean has a default constructor :-)

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks.