geronimo-user mailing list archives

From PeterAU2 <i...@plusplus.com.au>
Subject Re: Building sample project - maven error
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 06:27:17 GMT

I'm on a Windows box, so I had to go and download and install svn from
http://subversion.tigris.org/
I turned off my firewall so svn could get through, and also I'm guessing so
Maven can get through.
I got the same error, though, shown below.
What should I try next?
Peter

C:\course\EJB\SamplesFromGeronimo\mytime>mvn clean install site
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] snapshot org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:2.1-SNAPSHOT: checking
for updates from apache-snapshots
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:2.1-SNAPSHOT' could not be retrieved
from repository: apache-snapshots due to a
n error: Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'apache-snapshots' will be blacklisted
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

GroupId: org.apache.geronimo.samples
ArtifactId: samples
Version: 2.1-SNAPSHOT

  org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples:pom:2.1-SNAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache-snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository)

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.reactor.MavenExecutionException: Cannot find parent:
org.apache.geronimo.samples:samples for project: null:mytime:pom:null for
project null:myt
ime:pom:null