geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Ed Hillmann" <ed.hillm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q: MDB Application cannot find Interface defined in RAR file
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 03:18:09 GMT
Ok, I've given up on trying to deploy the RAR stand-alone.  I can't
figure out how to get the classloader to include classes from all of
the JAR files in the RAR file.  I've tried adding Class-Path: entries
to various Manifests, with no luck.  And I don't seem to be able to
find any documentation about how to customise the class loading for
v2.

So, I'm trying to deploy the RAR file with the EAR file, simply
because it looks like there is documentation for it.  So, I'm trying
to deploy a single EAR file, with a JAR file (containing the MDB) and
the RAR file (containing the adapter) contained within the EAR file.
I"ve got an application.xml and geronimo-application.xml file
contained within the EAR file, and an openejb-jar.xml file in the JAR
file (attached to this message).

Now, it appears to deploy, in that the console doesn't report any
errors.  But, I can't find the application in the list of installed
application EARs.  If I look at the server.log, there's the exception

org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
com.intecbilling.svevents.geronimo/SVEventsDemo-Geronimo/1.0/ear does
not appear to be a the name of a module available on the selected
server. Perhaps it has already been stopped or undeployed?  If you're
trying to specify a TargetModuleID, use the syntax
TargetName|ModuleName instead. If you're not sure what's running, try
the list-modules command.

So, the SVEventsDemo-Geronimo is the name of the module, as defined in
the openejb-jar.xml file.

So, how does an application get stopped immediately after it's deployed?

I have to ask it.  Should I be using version 2 of Geronimo?  Everytime
I try to run my adapter in Geronimo, it's an absolute trainwreck.
I've already gotten to the point, where I use another container to get
my adapter functionality working, and then just try to get the same
thing deployed in Geronimo.  I appreciate the support that I have
gotten from this mailing list, but that's about the only positive I've
had from this process.  I can get about an hour's worth of work done,
before I come across another Geronimo error for which there is no
existing documentation.  Then, back to spamming the mailing list.  So,
is 2.0.1 not ready for prime time yet?  Should I be using an earlier
release?

As far as my experience so far, Geronimo isn't meeting its first
guiding principle (Easy to use), certainly when in comparison to other
offerings.  I'm just very frustrated from this exercise so far.