geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0.2 do not start in Mac OS X 10.4
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:56:27 GMT

On Oct 25, 2007, at 1:28 AM, sbyonge wrote:

> I can start in JPDA debugger
> $ bin/geronimo.sh jpda run
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /Users/appd/local/geronimo
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /Users/appd/local/geronimo
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /Library/Java/Home
> Using JPDA_OPTS:       -Xdebug
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n
> Listening for transport dt_socket at address: 8000
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_07)...
> Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.0.2
> [************>                     ] 37%  16s Starting
> org.apache.g...01:08:21,608 ERROR [[/]] "Restricted listeners
> property file
> not found
> [**********************************] 100%  30s Startup complete
>   Listening on Ports:
>     1050 127.0.0.1 CORBA Naming Service
>     1099 0.0.0.0   RMI Naming
>
> But "bin/geronimo.sh run" hangs.  I don't have any problem with
> 2.0.1.  I
> have been running 2.0.1 for about a month and it never hung.  I tried
> geronimo-transformer.jar in the system classpath but it did not help.

geronimo-transformer is already in the system classpath (specified by
the Class-Path in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF of server.jar).

The deadlock is timing dependent. So, JPDA settings could very well
change the startup behavior enough to avoid the problem.

I'm still curious about your setup and why you can reproduce the
problem so readily. A lot of us use MAC OS X and aren't seeing the
problem (or at least see it much less frequently...)

I'll see what kind of work-around I can create. Something to force a
load of TransformerCollection on our main thread...

--kevan