geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seam + Geronimo - deploy problem
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:11:50 GMT

On Oct 26, 2007, at 5:43 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Oct 26, 2007, at 1:01 PM, Piotr J wrote:
>

>> Hi again,
>>
>> I have found out something new.
>>
>> If I deploy ejb and war modules separately, I have no errors.
>>
>> Problem exists only when deploying ear.
>>
>> EJB and WAR modules have deploying plans wth dependencies.
>> Both have seam dependency.
>>
>> Is Geronimo trying to load seam jars twice?
>
> if you have inverse classloading in the war it might succeed in
> the ejb module since that modules classloader is a parent of the
> war module classloader.

Elaborating a bit... With inverse classloading, you might load the
same class in both the ear and the war classloader. I don't recall
that your using inverse classloading, however. And even so, I  don't
think it would explain your current behavior...

In Geronimo, the EAR classloader is a parent of your WAR classloader.
So declaring Seam as a dependency in both your EAR and your WAR is
not necessary. There's a decent chance that removing the redundant
dependencies from your WAR module will clear up your problem. Hard to
know for sure, without looking in detail at what Seam is trying to do...

--kevan