geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server starts fine after commenting ClientAddresses property in config-substitutions.properties
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 01:56:40 GMT

On Oct 17, 2007, at 3:40 PM, Ashish Jain wrote:

> Hi,
>  In config-substitutions.properties we have ClientAddresses
> property. I have few questions on this
>
> 1) What are the allowed values for ClientAddresses property?

Expected value is a dotted ip address (e.g. 127.0.0.1) or hostname of
the geronimo server. Pretty sure that only one address can be
specified (it's not a list...) I don't think the property name
describes it's function very well. The fact that the name is plural,
but only accepts a single value is also confusing...

> 2) I could not find this property being used in config.xml. What is
> this property used for?

ClientAddresses and OpenEJBPort are together used in constructing the
default uri used when building ejb refs.

> 3) I commented this and started the server. Server starts fine
> without any exception.
>
> Does this mean this property is not being used by geronimo server?

It's only used when constructing ejb refs.

--kevan