geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: JDBC url to access a Geronimo connection pool?
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:24:00 GMT

On Oct 11, 2007, at 11:52 AM, MShah wrote:

> I am using jtds jdbc driver to connect to sql server in my web
> application.
> I created a connection pool to connect to the specific MS SQL
> Server DB
> instance, but my code requires a connection pool url, I am
> wondering what
> that should be for geronimo to connect to SQL Server.  I have used
> weblogic
> in the past and it has a url as jdbc:weblogic:pool:XXXXX
>
> What is the equivalent of this for Geronimo?  Any inputs will be much
> appreciated.

 From your description I don't understand what you have done.  How
did you create the connection pool?  What code needs this url? What
is it used for?

Normally to create a connection pool/datasource in geronimo you
create a plan to deploy a tranql jdbc wrapper rar for the driver you
are using.  You can to this by hand but usually it is more convenient
to use the admin console database wizard.  I believe there is no
mssql-specific support so you would have to use the generic tranql
rar which only supports local transactions, not xa.  For this rar you
would use whatever jdbc url is appropriate for the jtds driver you
are using, which presumably is explained it its documentation.

Hope this helps
david jencks