geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: classes in a web application cannot be found
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:52:58 GMT

On Oct 16, 2007, at 3:36 PM, MShah wrote:

> I have a System.out.println as the very first line in the
> constructor and
> that never gets called.  When I invoke the jsp all I get is a
> NullPointer
> Exception, there is no other exception on the geronimo console.  Any
> feedback will be much appreciated.

Hi Manisha,
Can you please provide us with the stack trace for your
NullPointerException? e.g. npe.printStackTrace();

You are reporting that the following line of code is receiving the NPE:

P2k6AppCtl a = new P2k6AppCtl(request, response);

We don't see how that line of code, by itself, can generate a
NullPointerException. Seeing the stack trace for the exception can
help us diagnose your problem.

Hmm. Does P2k6AppCtl have a parent class (i.e. does it extend another
class)? If the NPE was occurring in the parent class constructor,
this would explain why you're not seeing your constructor being

View raw message