geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: classes in a web application cannot be found
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:52:58 GMT

On Oct 16, 2007, at 3:36 PM, MShah wrote:

> I have a System.out.println as the very first line in the
> constructor and
> that never gets called.  When I invoke the jsp all I get is a
> NullPointer
> Exception, there is no other exception on the geronimo console.  Any
> feedback will be much appreciated.

Hi Manisha,
Can you please provide us with the stack trace for your
NullPointerException? e.g. npe.printStackTrace();

You are reporting that the following line of code is receiving the NPE:

P2k6AppCtl a = new P2k6AppCtl(request, response);

We don't see how that line of code, by itself, can generate a
NullPointerException. Seeing the stack trace for the exception can
help us diagnose your problem.

Hmm. Does P2k6AppCtl have a parent class (i.e. does it extend another
class)? If the NPE was occurring in the parent class constructor,
this would explain why you're not seeing your constructor being
called...

--kevan