geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <>
Subject Re: Geronimo jsp cache purging?
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2007 18:50:49 GMT
There is no JSP cache in Geronimo per se, other than the web app's
classloader.  The first time a JSP is accessed the web container
generates java source for a servlet, compiles it into a class file in
a tmp work directory, and services the request.  Then subsequent
requests are serviced by that class which is now linked into the
classloader.    Restarting the webapp from the console or using bin/ will reinitialize the classloader, but I doubt that is the
underlying cause for the stale data you see.   More likely you have
made some change to the JSP source and aren't seeing that change
reflected when you reload the JSP?  If that's the case then you need
to redeploy the webapp when you make changes to the JSP:
    bin/ redeploy mywebapp.war  mygroup/myapp/1.0/war

It might be easier to use the hot deploy directory to automatically
redeploy your app when a JSP changes but I have less experience with

Best wishes,