geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: pointing to bin/lib/schema folder from diffrent machine/users directory
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:26:08 GMT

On Oct 28, 2007, at 10:33 PM, abpb2006 wrote:

> Hi AG Guru,
>
> May I request for your valuable suggestion on referring to BIN/LIB/
> SCHEMA
> directories from different users/machine installs of Geronimo?
>
> We have 10 different locations on 10 different machines for 10
> users where
> we have installed Geronimo server for every users.
>
> Since bin/lib and schema are common and read only folders to all
> the users,
> is it possible to keep those directory on a central server and
> every user
> machine( Geronimo install) can point to those bin/lib/schema
> directories?
>
> I think it should be possible but I really am not able refer to those
> bin/lib/schema directories from users install of Geronimo.
>
> Pl suggest, your help will is highly appreciated.

Schema is thee only for your reference, it is not used by geronimo.

You can specify where the geronimo installation is by setting

-Dorg.apache.geronimo.home.dir=<location> on the server command line.

The only files that are not read only are under var, and you can
specify the location of the var directory on server startup with

-Dorg.apache.geronimo.server.dir=<location> on the server command
line.  If this is a relative path it is resolved relative to the
geronimo home dir: if absolute such resolution is not necessary.

You might be able to use something like nfs mounts to share a basic
geronimo installation on one machine with all the running copies
having local var directories.  If there is any chance of users
independently deploying apps with the same name you will want to set
up secondary repositories in the local var directory.  There are some
instuctions here: http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/multiple-
repositories.html

hope this helps
david jencks