geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: running two instances of Geronimo 2.0.1
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 22:31:50 GMT
Hi Mario,

One of the basic problems you are running into is that the
configuration names don't make very much sense and aren't very
consistent.  The "Primary" and "Secondary" suffixes are left over
from when we didn't have a good separation between the jetty and
tomcat configurations and had some idea of allowing you to run both
at once on the same server.

So you will probably have to do some detective work to get this to
work properly...

There are 3 places a property such as a port can be configured:

1. the original deployment plan, such as in configs/jetty6/src/plan/
plan.xml

2. var/config/config.xml  can be used to override the value in the
original plan.  If there's any use of a substitution variable like $
{AJPPortSecondary} it would be here.

3. var/config/config-substutions.properties has values for
substitution variables from var/config/config.xml

So.... anything in config-substitutions.properties needs to have a
use in var/config/config.xml in order to have any effect.

As part of work I'm doing in trunk to assemble the config.xml's out
of bits from each module I've discovered that the "hard-coded"
config.xmls have some rather antique and out-of-sync names in them so
as you are finding you may need to do some analysis to get something
to work.  In trunk very soon the names and config-substitution
contents will be consistent across all the server because for each
module the entries will come from the same source -- geronimo-
plugins.xml for that module.

Hope this helps,
david jencks