geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Seam + Geronimo - deploy problem
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 20:08:39 GMT

On Oct 24, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Piotr J wrote:

> I want to deploy my app under geronimo but I'm getting this error:
>
> ----
>     Error: Operation failed: start of nautilia/SklepyEAR/1.0/ear
> failed
>
>         Unknown start exception
>
>         Configuration nautilia/SklepyEAR_webapp.war/1.0/car failed
> to start
>     due to the following reasons:
>
>       The service
>
> J2EEApplication=nautilia/SklepyEAR/1.0/
> ear,j2eeType=WebModule,name=webapp.war
>     did not start because Throwable during start of gbean:
>
>     java.lang.LinkageError: loader (instance of
>     org/apache/geronimo/kernel/config/MultiParentClassLoader):
> attempted
>      duplicate class definition for name:
>     "org/jboss/seam/async/package-info"
>
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
>
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
>
>         at
>     java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass
> (SecureClassLoader.java:124)
> ---
>
> Any ideas?

Hi Peter,
Thanks for the info.

What version of Geronimo are you using?

I've seen a similar LinkageError when attempting to run Geronimo
under the YourKit Java Profiler. Not sure, if this is related or not.
I hadn't really investigated the YourKit issue since it wasn't a
functional issue and was easy enough to have YourKit analyze
heapdumps, instead...

Do you have an app that illustrates the problem?

--kevan