geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error when shutting down geronimo's instance.
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2007 19:14:02 GMT

On Oct 13, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Pablo Martin Viva wrote:

> From: Pablo Martin Viva <pablo.martin.viva@gmail.com>
> Date: October 12, 2007 7:42:19 PM EDT
> To: users@geronimo.apache.org
> Subject: Error when shutting down geronimo's instance.
>

> Hi I am new to Apache Geronimo, Im running Geronimo 2.0.1 under
> Linux (Fedora 7 Moonshine) and JVM BEA JRockit 1.6.0_01.
>
> I have issues when I try to shutdown gerĂ²nimo. I can start it
> normally, I can access web console and so far but whenever I try to
> shutdown it "fails" with this stacktrace:
>
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /opt/geronimo-2.0.1
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /opt/geronimo-2.0.1
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /opt/jrockit-1.6.0/jre
> Locating server on port 1099... Server found.
> Server shutdown started
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.InternalKernelException:
> java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return header;
> nested exception is:
>        java.io.EOFException
>        at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.KernelDelegate.shutdown
> (KernelDelegate.java:712)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.deployment.cli.StopServer.execute
> (StopServer.java:112)
>        at
> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainConfigurationBootstrapper.main
> (MainConfigurationBootstrapper.java:45)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.util.MainBootstrapper.main
> (MainBootstrapper.java:38)
> Caused by: java.rmi.UnmarshalException: Error unmarshaling return
> header; nested exception is:
>        java.io.EOFException
>        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall
> (StreamRemoteCall.java:209)
>        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:142)
>        at com.sun.jmx.remote.internal.PRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl_Stub.invoke
> (Unknown Source)
>        at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnector
> $RemoteMBeanServerConnection.invoke(RMIConnector.java:978)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.KernelDelegate.invokeKernel
> (KernelDelegate.java:890)
>        at org.apache.geronimo.system.jmx.KernelDelegate.shutdown
> (KernelDelegate.java:708)
>        ... 3 more
> Caused by: java.io.EOFException
>        at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:250)
>        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall
> (StreamRemoteCall.java:195)
>        ... 9 more
>
> I gues the server indeed stops running but I don't know if this
> issue has arisen elsewher or to other people since I could not find
> any documentation so far on this issue.

Hi Pablo,
I can only guess that this error has something to do with running on
JRockit. I assume both server and shutdown command are using JRockit.
I haven't heard of a similar problem with Sun or IBM JRE's. You could
try running different combinations of Sun and JRockit on the server
and shutdown command. May help identify if it's an issue in the
command or in the server...

--kevan