geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to specify JNDI names?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:35:45 GMT

On Oct 9, 2007, at 1:10 PM, Zakharov, Vasily M wrote:

> Kevan,
>
> Thanks for your help! Your solution worked.
>
> However, in my case the proper JNDI name for the bean turned out to be
> as follows:
> "orders.jar/OrderAuditSes/
> org.spec.jappserver.orders.orderauditses.ejb.O
> rderAuditSes"
> and I had to patch the source code of the 3rd party application
> (good I
> had the sources)
> to make it working.
>
> It makes me hope the naming scheme is somehow simplified in G2.0.2. :)
>
> Thanks again!

You're welcome. Glad that it's working for you...

The default name for your Bean will be OrderAuditSesRemoteHome. I'm
guessing that this isn't what your 3rd party app is looking for,
either. There are several ways to fix, including configuring how
OpenEJB will default JNDI names for beans. For example, the server
can be configured to use the ejb-name as the default jndi name (which
I'm guess is what your app is looking for...).

User feedback on this is more than welcome. What default is most
useful for you or anyone else?

--kevan