geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Load stand alone deployment plan
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 00:17:38 GMT

On Oct 24, 2007, at 2:21 PM, gromar wrote:

> Thank you for advice.
> The one way is to take LittleG cut off all other geronimo plug-ins
> (exept
> responsible for deployment) and than deploy "my" geronimo plug-in.

I'm having a very hard time understanding what you are trying to do,
so it's hard to offer advice.

If you want to assemble a server that has one or more of your
services and possibly some javaee functionality, that is easy to do.

1. start with geronimo trunk
2. use maven (2)
3. imitate the subprojects in configs to assembly your service
components into one or more plugins (car files)
4. imitate the assemblies of one of the servers we ship such as
geronimo-jetty6-javaee5 to collect the plugins you want in your
server into a distributable assembly.  You only need to list the
plugins you know you want in the pom, the ones required to make those
work will be automatically included as (transitive) dependencies.

For instance if you want to construct a server that has your non-
javaee services (one plugin) plus a web app running on jetty, but
cannot deploy anything else, you'd build plugins for your services
and for the web app and include those in the assembly pom.
Everything you need for the server (such as jetty) would be included.

If in addition you want to be able to deploy more web apps, you could
include the jetty deployer config in the assembly pom.

if you need to use an earlier version of geronimo you will have to
work harder and write some configuration files by hand such as the

If this does not match what you are trying to do or if you have more
questions please ask.

david jencks

View raw message