geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo 2.0.2 do not start in Mac OS X 10.4
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:31:11 GMT

On Oct 22, 2007, at 10:58 PM, sbyonge wrote:

> Geronimo 2.0.2 do not start in Mac OS X 10.4
>
> $ cd ~/local/geronimo
>
> $ bin/geronimo.sh run
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /Users/appd/local/geronimo
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /Users/appd/local/geronimo
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /Library/Java/Home
>
> It stops here.
>
> I don't have problem with 2.0.1
>
> $ bin/geronimo.sh run
> Using GERONIMO_BASE:   /Users/appd/local/geronimo
> Using GERONIMO_HOME:   /Users/appd/local/geronimo
> Using GERONIMO_TMPDIR: var/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /Library/Java/Home
> Booting Geronimo Kernel (in Java 1.5.0_07)...
> Starting Geronimo Application Server v2.0.1
> [**************>                       ] 39%  14s Starting
> org.apac...22:43:48,672
>
> 2.0.1 works OK.
>
> Is there any setting required to run 2.0.2?

Strange. Both jetty and tomcat assemblies start fine for me on my
mac. The only setting that I have is:

JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/
CurrentJDK/Home

Any error being logged in var/log/geronimo.log?

Useful to get the geronimo module name that is being started. './bin/
geronimo.sh run --long' will generate this information. The way that
we're truncating the module name is not very helpful...

Next, and most important, thing is generating a thread stack trace
'kill -QUIT <geronimo_process_id>'. The JRE will print all thread
stack traces to STDOUT.

Something like the following will get the info we need:

./bin/geronimo.sh run --long > geronimo.out

In another window (after waiting approximately 14 seconds ;-)

ps auxww | grep server.jar
kill -QUIT <server_pid>

--kevan