geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Porting complex WAS6 app to Geronimo 1.1
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 16:42:13 GMT
I strongly encourage you to use geronimo 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 when it comes
out, you will get much better support.

IIRC there's a global writable jndi context under geronimo: in
geronimo 1.1.  You would need to write some java code to bind
something into it.  I think that in geronino 2.x the equivalent
context is ger: and this might be what it is in 1.1 also.

If you don't want to write code to bind the url I think you would
have to use a resource-ref in each of the components the url is used.

I've often wondered what people used url references for, so if you
could tell us I'd be interested to know.

thanks
david jencks