geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: pointing to bin/lib/schema folder from diffrent machine/users directory
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:47:21 GMT

On Oct 29, 2007, at 12:39 AM, abpb2006 wrote:

> Hi David,
> Thanks for your response. You solution works for us if we install
> WASCE on a
> centeral location and have the multiple instances but the probelm
> is this
> centeral location will not have any write and execute
> will
> only have read only permission. hense when we run multiple instance
> for
> every tries to write some info on the cernteral
> location of
> WASCE install and it fials in our scenraio....moreover evry user
> will have
> their own repo and not even on the centeral location it should be
> known by
> other users....what all repo's are there or avilable....thats why
> we wanted
> to install server for evry user but share bin/lib and schema
> folders.....any
> pointers on this? Your repose is much appriciated.

I don't understand why having a local per user var directory
containing a per-user repository won't satisfy your requirements.
Geronimo should not be writing anything except into files in var
unless you deploy something, and if you set up a repository inside
the users' var dir for per-user deployments, even deployments won't
alter the main repo.  If geronimo is writing something else, please
let us know what.

david jencks