geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Peter Petersson <pe...@pmb.mine.nu>
Subject Re: Simple Web Service with JAX-WS G v2.0 sample problem
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2007 09:42:11 GMT
Hi Lin (or Jacek)

I did never get time to test out the calculator sample the last time I
asked about it but now I am back with a fresh G v2.0.2 (tomcat/axis2
combo). I downloaded the source
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/samples/trunk/samples/jaxws-calculator
I took some time trying to get the sample
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/configure-jax-ws-engine.html up and
running on G v2.0.2 by modified the top level pom to pull in the 2.0.2
dependences (including skiping classpath in manifest as it was not
possible to deploy without that change) but the war wont start up due to
the following.

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.InvalidConfigException:
Unknown start exception
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.ConfigurationUtil.startConfigurationGBeans(ConfigurationUtil.java:514)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.KernelConfigurationManager.start(KernelConfigurationManager.java:187)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.SimpleConfigurationManager.startConfiguration(SimpleConfigurationManager.java:530)
        ... 45 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.gbean.InvalidConfigurationException:
Configuration org.apache.geronimo.samples.jws/Calculator/1.0/car failed
to start due to the following reasons:
  The service
J2EEApplication=null,j2eeType=WebModule,name=org.apache.geronimo.samples.jws/Calculator/1.0/car

did not start because Failure initializing web service containter

I have the following related system modules up and running

org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2/2.0.2/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis2-deployer/2.0.2/car
org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis/2.0.2/car  (don't know it it is needed)
org.apache.geronimo.configs/axis-deployer/2.0.2/car (don't know it it is
needed)

I have obviously got something wrong here and I am new to web services
so I would appreciate if someone could take some time to
(port/build/branch) this sample for G v2.0.2 It would greatly help me
get started with web services and do it the "G way". Of course if there
are any other WS:s examples out there running on G  v2.0.2, a pointer to
it would be appreciated (I will also take a look at the test case:es in
the G build).

thanks
   Peter Petersson