geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Nitz ...@ibis.ua>
Subject ClassCastException: EjbJarInfo
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 13:29:40 GMT
Hi!

I am trying to move our app from Geronimo 1.1.1 to Geronimo 2.0 and I am
getting a strange error during deployment:
16:15:55,569 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is
now in the FAILED state:
abstractName="irbis/irbis/1.0/ear?J2EEApplication=irbis/irbis/1.0/ear,j2eeType=EJBModule,name=irbis-ejb.jar"
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.EjbJarInfo
         at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenEjbSystemGBean$$FastClassByCGLIB$$5005cdd0.invoke(<generated>)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:124)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:830)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.RawInvoker.invoke(RawInvoker.java:57)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.RawOperationInvoker.invoke(RawOperationInvoker.java:35)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.ProxyMethodInterceptor.intercept(ProxyMethodInterceptor.java:96)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.OpenEjbSystem$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$785b6d0a.createEjbJar(<generated>)
         at
org.apache.geronimo.openejb.EjbModuleImpl.start(EjbModuleImpl.java:123)

Here irbis-ejb.jar is an EJB jar contained inside our EAR file. Also the
EAR file contains two RAR files.
Under debugger I see that the ejbJarInfo variable passed to
createEjbJar() method is of the the same class EjbJarInfo that
the first argument should have.
Most probably there are two EjbJarInfo classes loaded via different
classloaders. But I don't understand why this happens and how to avoid this.
In the deployment plan there are no dependencies on standard Geronimo
libraries or services, just on three additional jars like jConnect, that
are completely independent of Geronimo libraries.
Should I provide some more info?

Regards,
Oleg