geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher Blythe" <cjblyth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tuning Daytrader for high CPU utilization
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 15:35:45 GMT
Adam...

Access logging is a big performance hit. I can't remember where that is in
the Geronimo console; however, you definitely need to disable it.

As for tuning, I would generally try to keep you db connection pool size
equal to the number of threads serving page requests. Once again, I'm not as
familiar with Geronimo tuning but assume it can be found somewhere in there.

If you are looking for a resource, I believe Matt Hogstrom published a
Geronimo performance report for GMO 1.1.1 and has a draft for 2.0.2 that
details the tuning he used for his tests.

You can most definitely create a larger DB population size. As a matter of
fact, I highly suggest that for any performance measurements. I typically
try to populate the database with the following...

# accounts = 10 x the number of concurrent clients
# quotes = half  the # accounts

Also, when writing your load driver scripts and setting up your tests, I
would make every effort to ensure that two clients are never logged in with
the same userid at the same time. The benchmark is written to handle
concurrency with quote updates fairly well, but is not as forgiving with the
accounts and orders.

Hopefully this helps...

Thanks...

Chris