geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "James Ervin" <jeer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with the Geronimo Eclipse Plugin
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:00:45 GMT
I was wondering if there has been any progress on
GERONIMODEVTOOLS-185.  There was some activity in late August, so I
was hoping that the enhancement would have been made already.  In fact
I would consider submitting a patch for this but I know that someone
was already assigned it.

Thanks,
James

On 8/21/07, Shiva Kumar H R <shivahr@gmail.com> wrote:
> JIRA GERONIMODEVTOOLS-185 created to track this.
>
> - Shiva
>

> On 8/18/07, Shiva Kumar H R <shivahr@gmail.com > wrote:
> > That's great. I will create a JIRA for this on Monday.
> >
> > - Shiva
> >

> > On 8/16/07, James Ervin < jeervin@gmail.com > wrote:
> > > I modified the part of the processJavaProject() method that deals with
> > > containers like so:
> > >
> > > SharedLibEntryCreationOperation.java:
> > > processJavaProject()
> > >            <--- Begin code snippet --->
> > >            if( kind == IClasspathEntry.CPE_CONTAINER )
> > >            {
> > >                 if( entry.getPath().segment( 0 ).startsWith(
> > > "org.eclipse.jdt.launching" ) )
> > >                     continue;
> > >                 if( entry.getPath().segment( 0 ).startsWith(
> > > "org.eclipse.jst." ) )
> > >                     continue;
> > >                 if( entry.getPath().segment( 0 ).startsWith(
> > > "org.eclipse.wst" ) )
> > >                     continue;
> > > //                if(
> > > "org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER
> ".equals(
> > > entry.getPath().toString() ) )
> > > //                {
> > >                 final IClasspathContainer container =
> > > JavaCore.getClasspathContainer(entry.getPath(), javaProject);
> > >                 final IClasspathEntry[] containerEntries =
> > > container.getClasspathEntries();
> > >                 for( int j = 0; j  < containerEntries.length; j++ )
> > >                     addEntry( entries, resolveVarOrLibEntry(
> > > containerEntries[ j ] ) );
> > > //                }
> > >             }
> > >            <--- End Code Snippet --->
> > >
> > > This seems to work for me.  I am checking for the JDT JRE container,
> > > any WTP containers and then ignoring those entries.
> > >
> > > Can anyone see any side-effects to this?
> > >
> > > James

> knowledge. Will dig into this more tomorrow.

> resolved class path is not considered is because it would include entries
> from both the JRE classpath container and the Web-App Libraries classpath
> container.  Is this correct?  If it is, it would seem easier to just exclude
> those classpath containers and then resolve the rest?

> from considering the resolved classpath of a java project instead of just
> the raw classpath?

> only classpath container that is recognized is the maven classpath
> container.  Perhaps by using the resolved classpath or by removing the if
> statement that checks for the maven classpath container exclusively would be
> enough.  Maybe the code could be simplified by using getResolvedClasspath()
> since I don' t think you would need to call a resolveVarOrLibEntry() method
> anymore.

> your results ASAP.

> this by searching for "getRawClasspath" in plug-in source):
> org.apache.geronimo.st.core.operations.SharedLibEntryCreationOperation.java
>  in plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core"

> suggest), would lead to any side effects.

but I've been
> trying to fully understand
> using the shared lib
the Geronimo plugin
> publish/deploy
> trying to accomplish the
you. It's not obvious
> to me though why you
publish/deploy
> capabilities of the plugin.
> versions of Geronimo and
> for release, and the
shortly thereafter.
> Just curious. Thanks

> Operation to set the shared library support, so yes I am using some of that
> support.  The issue I am having is the fact that when the Geronimo plugin is
> computing the <Project-Name>.eclipse.jar manifest for the
> ${GERONIMO_HOME}/shared/lib directory, it seems to only consider the raw
> classpath from the Eclipse JDT.  In other words, it appears almost as though
> its using
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject.getRawClasspath() instead
> of
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.IJavaProject.getResolvedClasspath().
> I say almost, because it will resolve Classpath Variable entries.  The net
> effect is that I have to hard code entries in the .classpath file for each
> jar file I want in that manifest, but that is what classpath containers are
> supposed to help you with.
> I have to use what I am given so far.  I will look at version 2.0 and the
> latest from the plugin, but that leads me to one of my earlier questions in
> my first post.  Where in the plugin do I look for where it is computing the
> manifest for the <Project-Name>.eclipse.jar?  I have to admit I am a bit of
> a newbie when it comes to EMF (I'm not sure that I hate it, but I have yet
> to see what I really like about it.  The idea seems very interesting, but I
> am not crazy about the results I have seen so far) and well the Geronimo
> Plugin source tree seems almost as big as WTP's at this point, so any
> pointers would be most appreciated.

the plugins installed
> it looks as
1.0.0 with the

> [...]