geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Matthew Simmons" <matthewbsimm...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbee -- unable to build the sample application
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:59:20 GMT
I'm new to the Geronimo/Apache world, so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm having trouble building the sample application on my computer.  I have
Geronimo loaded successfully, according to the command window.  I also have
Subversion correctly loaded and my path properly updated to manage requests
-- I can verify that with 'svn help' in the command prompt.  Finally, I have
successfully loaded Maven and properly updated the path as verified by 'mvn
--version' at the command prompt.

I have successfully checked out the JAX-WS example with Subversion and all
of the files appear to have loaded on my machine successfully.  When I
navigate to the calculator/jaxws-calculator-war directory and activate Maven
with 'mvn install' (as indicated in the sample write up), the build fails
witrh 'FATAL ERROR' and 'Error building POM (may not be the project's
POM)'.  I have talked through this with people that can successfully build
with the same files following the same steps.

My correction steps have been:
1.  uninstall/reinstall everything
2.  ensure no firewalls are active
3.  rebuilt countless times

Does anyone have any advice as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your time.
Matt

Maven 2.0.7
Geronimo 2.0