geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Q: MDB Application cannot find Interface defined in RAR file
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 04:50:10 GMT
Hi Ed,

I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time getting this to work.
Email is not always the most efficient form for dialog :-).  If you
can get on IRC sometime when I am around I can probably help sort
things out more quickly or if IRC is unavailable to you but you have
some time to  work through this more continuously we could try
that.... having a couple days between emails its difficult to
remember exactly what the context of your questions is.

One of the things I don't like much about the console deployer is
that it tends to conceal the causes of errors and sometimes the fact
of errors :-).  I generally get better feedback from the command line
deployer -- also a transcript shows unambiguously what you tried to do.

I noticed a couple o things in the stuff you sent some of which might
be causing problems.

1. There are a lot of jar dependencies in your geronimo plan for the
rar... does this mean all these jars are needed by the rar but are
not included in it?  If the jars are included in the rar they should
not be needed as dependencies.  Knowing exactly what is in the rar
would be helpful

2. The resource adapter has no outbound connectors and all the
ResourceAdapter properties are set to their defaults from ra.xml....
this is as intended?

3. the openejb-jar.xml has a dependency on a rar.  That would be a
dependency on a rar that is deployed separately, not the one in the
ear.  If this is really the openejb-jar.xml from the ear attempt you
should remove that dependency.

4. the resource-link in the mdb config does not appear to be pointing
to the resource adapter you configured in the geronimo-
application.xml.... maybe its pointing to the one in the standalone
rar that the openejb-jar.xml is depending on?  IIUC you would want

         <message-driven>
             <ejb-name>TreEventBean</ejb-name>
             <resource-adapter>
                 <resource-link>InboundSVEvents</resource-link>
             </resource-adapter>
         </message-driven>

5. There is no additional configuration of the inbound ra in the
openejb-jar.xml so this must mean that all the necessary properties
(including what the message-listener interface is) is set in the ejb-
jar.xml or in annotations?

BTW standalone should be just about the same as non-standalone except
for needing a dependency from the ejb plan to the rar plan.... but
then, in theory, theory and practice are the same...

thanks
david jencks