geronimo-user mailing list archives

From Paul McMahan <paulmcma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo + MyFaces + Eclipse should I download myfaces-core?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:11:19 GMT
On Oct 16, 2007, at 7:32 PM, fmchale wrote:

> Hello.  I apologize if this questions has already been posted.  I am
> currently using Eclipse, Geronimo, and MyFaces 1.2.  Should I use the
> MyFaces jars that are included with Geronimo in the /repo/org/....  or
> should I download them and use those jars instead.  I did notice
> that when
> using the Geronimo install jars that Eclipse complains about my jsf
> taglib
> directives.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you deploy a webapp into Geronimo it checks to see if you have
the FacesServlet defined in your web.xml.   If so then it adds the
myfaces-impl jar from Geronimo's repo to your webapp's classloader.
That jar contains the JSF core and HTML taglibs which are
automatically discovered and made available for your webapp when it
starts up.  i.e. you can use JSF taglibs in your JSPs by simply
including a FacesServlet definition in your web.xml.   It should not
be necessary to include the JSF jars inside your webapp or taglib
directives in your web.xml in order for your webapp to work in
Geronimo.    But maybe you need to include the MyFaces jars in your
project's build path for some other reason, such as allowing Eclipse
to perform some type of validation?

At any rate, I would be interested to see what Eclipse complains
about when you include the taglib directives.  Maybe there is some
improper XML in the taglib that should be fixed in MyFaces?

Best wishes,
Paul