geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: geronimo ram "best practices" and upper limits for ram
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:30:22 GMT
On 10/31/07, Koka <wchung@symcor.com> wrote:

> Are there any documentation or anything similar for Geronimo that says that
> using 1GB of memory is some sort of "best practice" for that server?

Nope.

> also, are there any documentation that states 2GB is considered an upper
> limit in terms or RAM?

Nope

> Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated!

My take on it is that the amount of RAM for Geronimo or any Java EE
application server is a sum of many elements - how many application is
it supposed to host, how RAM-greedy are these apps are the most
important ones. I think there's no way to decide how much ram's needed
without profiling the entire software stack - apps and the server
itself. Run a stress test and calculate it yourself.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl