geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Seam + Geronimo - deploy problem
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 09:34:51 GMT
On 10/25/07, Piotr J <piotrjanik@nautilia.pl> wrote:

> You can remove icefaces dependencies.

Hey Piotr,

Does it work on Jetty or Tomcat alone? (if possible). The relevant
piece of code I'd concentrate on is:

org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.MultiParentClassLoader.loadClass(MultiParentClassLoader.java:278)
       at
org.jboss.seam.deployment.NamespaceScanner.getPackage(NamespaceScanner.java:75)
       at
org.jboss.seam.deployment.NamespaceScanner.handleItem(NamespaceScanner.java:56)
       at org.jboss.seam.deployment.Scanner.handleArchive(Scanner.java:158)
       at org.jboss.seam.deployment.Scanner.scan(Scanner.java:132)
       at
org.jboss.seam.deployment.NamespaceScanner.getPackages(NamespaceScanner.java:39)
       at
org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.addNamespaces(Initialization.java:782)
       at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.create(Initialization.java:85)
       at
org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener.contextInitialized(SeamListener.java:34)
       at
org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.startContext(ContextHandler.java:530)
       at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:135)

It appears that Seam tries to load the class again or in a way Java
doesn't accept because of multi-classloader environment (I'm thinking
aloud so bear with my unacceptable ways to explain it). I'd go and
download Seam sources and put a breakpoint at
org.jboss.seam.deployment.NamespaceScanner.getPackage(NamespaceScanner.java:75).
It may get some more insights on the issue.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl