geronimo-user mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Maven groupId and artifactId replacement
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:33:02 GMT
On 9/6/07, Marcin Waldowski <mwaldows@sulechow.net> wrote:

> In 'JMS and MDB sample application'
> (http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC20/jms-and-mdb-sample-application.data/jms-mdb-sample.zip)
> I found that some elements in geronimo-application.xml such as
> ${pom.groupId}and ${pom.artifactId} are magicaly converted to correct
> values during 'maven package'.
> I tried to find what part of a build proces make this replacement (which
> plugin), but without any success. Can anyone give me a hint where to
> find it?

Czesc Marcin,

I think you might've found the answer, but in case you're not - the
answer is in samples/pom.xml where filtered resources are defined.

        <resources>
            <resource>
                <directory>${pom.basedir}/src/main/resources</directory>
                <filtering>true</filtering>
            </resource>
        </resources>

I'm working on the example right now (that's how I stumbled upon this
question of yours) and found a way to minimize the number of required
files in the ear (I couldn't understand why the rar is in the ear, but
couldn't come up with the solution to get rid of it until now).

p.s. Co robisz z Geronimo? Jak wrazenia?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl