geronimo-user mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: Q: Can a JCA adapter define multiple inbound resource adapters?
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 23:43:30 GMT

On Oct 1, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Ed Hillmann wrote:

> On 10/1/07, David Jencks <> wrote:
>> yes.... next time maybe I'll refer to the spec before suggesting
>> stuff.... you also have to remove
>>>       </messageadapter>
>>>       <messageadapter>
>> so its
>> </messagelistener>
>> <messagelistener>
>> messagelistener is the one with maxOccurs="unbounded" so you can have
>> more than one.  Don't blame me, I didn't write the schema :-)
>> Hope I've looked at the schema enough this time :-)
> Sorry if I sounded critical before.  I did not intend to be.  You've
> been very helpful throughout the entire process. :)  I'm as guilty of
> not fully comprehending the schema as anyone else, so I'm not throwing
> any stones.

Sorry.... the target of the stones I was throwing was not you but the
authors of the connector xsd which is kind of bizarre... it has a
couple layers of elements with multiplicity 1, thus pointless, and
can't decide if it is trying to describe a type of a connector or an
instance of that type.  I'm pretty sure it wasn't subjected to a
sensibility test of "if i don't look at the schema for a week can I
figure out if a doc is compliant by just looking at it".  As you can
see I can't tell if a doc is xsd-compliant by just looking :-)

> Once I write the ra.xml file correctly, it installed fine.  I'll
> endeavour to write the geronimo-ra.xml file correctly, now, to try out
> my adapter in Geronimo. :)

let us know how it works!

david jencks

> Thanks heaps!